For each of the kid's birthdays, I always feed them their favorite foods. For one day I succumb to potentially unhealthy kid food for an entire day. I remind myself they will not be kids forever and memories are more important. With that stated, please don't judge me on the menu for Meg's big day. Thanks!
The day started with her favorite breakfast... chocolate chip pancakes! We then met some friends at the park in the morning. Meg and Jack love the Fairhope Park so it was a treat in and of itself to be there. We took a break for cupcakes, juice boxes and gifts. She has such sweet friends and I'm thankful for that.

For lunch she wanted a hamburger from Wendy's. So off we went. (through the drive-thru, of course. I haven't been brave enough to take all three kids into a restaurant, grocery store, etc...) We met Bo at the bay to eat, play in the sand and swing. The weather was perfect and the kids loved feeling the coolness of the sand under their feet.
Meg's request for dinner was macaroni and cheese and sloppy joes. My parents came over for the celebration. We enjoyed her birthday cake which I made earlier in the week and then froze. Meg wanted a pink cake with a ladybug on top. I did my best, but cake decorating is not my strength. I think you get the picture when you see the amateur job. Jack didn't help it by squishing the cake box. Another reminder that life is not perfect!
When asked what her favorite birthday gift was this year, Meg was torn between the Strawberry Shortcake house and the red boots. The story behind the red boots is for another day.
Happy Birthday Meg!
No comments:
Post a Comment