Party of Five

Party of Five

Friday, October 30, 2009

Sweetness






This is the adorable face of the one who is causing Bo and I to be sleep deprived. How could someone so little rule a household? Sarah Jane is full of smiles during the day as we walk around in a daze. Hopefully soon she will sleep all night long.

In the meantime, Meg and Jack are constantly in motion. They make each other laugh, but then fight over the silliest things. For example, this morning it was over a plastic hammer, yesterday it was a flashlight and tomorrow it will be equally as trite.

Jack never seems to get enough to eat either. I've always heard that boys were that way. He has definitely entered into a tough stage for us. He used to be so sweet and compliant. He now argues with us on just about everything. I am often impatient and frustrated with him. He turns on the charm as soon as he knows he is in trouble and many times I have to turn my head to keep him from seeing me laugh. He continues to enjoy preschool and I think the structure is good for him.

Meg will be five next week and I am sad to think that I only have ten more months with her before she starts kindergarten. She is thriving in preschool and is constantly rhyming words and telling me what sound she hears in words. She is always singing and making funny faces and I've seen so much change in her over the summer up to now. Poor thing, she barely has any clothes that fit her for cooler weather since she had a growth spurt. I really need to remedy that problem sooner rather than later.

The joys of parenthood.

Happy Halloween!