Party of Five

Party of Five

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oooo-Aaaah!

Jen Jones, me and Mindy Minnard
These women plus the ones in the picture
below are some that I worked with in '96-'97.
Molly McClish, me and SaraBeth Johnson

My horse looks more like pony. His name is Cheyenne.

This is the corral where we met our wranglers and mounted our horses

In this photo you can really see how the fire went all
around the ranch. In the distance you can see the ranch
buildings in the middle of the evergreen trees. God
certainly had His hand upon it!

Oooo-Aaaah! This is the ranch cry for Lost Valley Ranch. Okay you may be asking yourself what in the world am I talking about. Well, twelve years ago I spent a year in Colorado working on a dude ranch. A friend told me about the ranch after she spent a few months working there. I did not know what I wanted to study in college at the time so I decided to take the opportunity and go. I didn't know a single person, however, I met nine other people from Alabama plus many other fun people from all over the country. It was such a special time in my life and an experience that the Lord used to teach me about serving others.

Twelve years later, Lost Valley invited all past staff women to go back for a reunion of sorts. I was hesitant at first because I didn't know anyone else going, but after my sweet husband encouraged me to go and I remembered how I hopped on the plane all those years ago without knowing anyone, I decided to go. I met women who had worked at the ranch in 70's and 80's. I even reunited with four women with whom I worked with in the 90's. These women mixed with the most recent and current staff created a wonderful eclectic group. We all had such sweet memories of the ranch and came together to ride horses, hike and just sit and stare at the beautiful mountains. I was quite shocked to see the devastation from a forest fire in 2002. Some of the pictures show how the ranch was spared.

If you would like to know more about this wonderful place click on this link: http://www.lostvalleyranch.com/

2 comments:

kira shanti said...

just sent you a message on facebook asking about this reunion and then realized i did get something in the mail about this, but i was swamped and it fell to the bottom of the proverbial pile. do you know when they are planning on doing it again?

Laura said...

Julep Cups for Easter!!! You are a GENIUS!!!! So doing that this Easter! I would do it for Chriatmas, but, when you said Easter, it seemed perfect! Thanks for the comment.