Okay, I haven't been the best blogger. I think about writing a new post, but something always takes my attention away. So this morning I am determined to give everyone an update on our lives.
Memorial Day weekend we had some sweet friends stay with us for the weekend. Michael and Heather Wilson used to live in Daphne, but Michael's job took them to Charlotte, NC. It was such a treat to have a house full of children as Michael and Heather have three boys! Meg and Jack loved having new playmates.
Last week our church hosted Vacation Bible School. I originally did not want to help this year because our kids are still too young to participate. However, when the VBS director began having a hard time filling the teaching positions, I volunteered to help. She placed me in the K-4 class. Between two teachers we had 25 children! I think I bit off more than I could chew with this offer, but I had to stick with it. Meg was able to join our group and Jack spent the week in a 2-year nursery class and had a blast! God blessed the week and despite exhaustion, the kids (especially Meg) had a blast! I was so amazed to see Meg join in the activities, memorize Scripture and songs, and make new friends. It was such a blessing to see her blossom within our Covenant family last week.
On Wednesday of VBS, Meg had her first ballet class! She was so excited and I was too! She joined 9 other 3-year olds at our local ballet studio, Creative Outlet. She looked adorable in her leotard, tights and shoes.
Also, on Wednesday of VBS, after Meg's ballet class, she and I walked around the corner to meet some lifetime friends of mine for lunch. Andrea and Juanita have been my friends ever since I can remember. They both live in Sarasota, FL with their sweet families and were visiting their parents in Walnut Hill, FL (north of Pensacola, FL) for the week. Thankfully, I didn't have to teach VBS on Wednesday so Meg and I spent the whole day with them. We had so much fun with their girls and as always made funny memories.
The week ended with my dad's birthday on June 6. I cooked enchiladas and all the fixings to go with it for him. We had a great time celebrating!
This brings us up to date, but the month of June is already filling up with more fun visits from Nana and friends from LA, plus trips to the pool and ballet classes. I hope to keep the posts coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment